Monday, September 16, 2013

Day #8 Human Geo- The Nike Nightmare


Today in Human Geo class I saw a major change of view on NIKE. We watched a video on the factories and living conditions from workers in Indonesia who work in NIKE. They have to live in their own little town that the space is completely cramped up. It is really disappointing and shocking that this had happened. I am now very disappointed when it comes to NIKE. Even though I will still own and buy NIKE products I will reduce the products I buy from there. I just hope that adidas or under armor isn’t the same way. Watching the video was probably one of the saddest things that I have ever seen. Especially when I saw the homes that four or five people had to live in. it was no more than a couple feet wide and long. I realize that this is how far NIKE will go to keep cheap labor force and it is shocking. The worst part is that the people of Indonesia can’t rise out because they don’t get the education needed so they can rise out. Today was easily the saddest day of Human Geo.

No comments:

Post a Comment