Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My First Day At John Carroll

First Day of John Carroll
By: Andrew Kappel
 
I could not wait for my first day at John Carroll to arrive which I have to say is the first time I have ever said that about school! The day had many fun moments and its share of ones that were not. When I arrived at 7:30 A. M., I was a little tired after a long summer filled with a lot of soccer activities. I saw my friends from the soccer team so I talked to them until 7:50 and then I went to my locker on the third floor. But the best part was teasing my friend Seth for being the only guy on campus wearing a tie on the first day.  The rest of us choose to wear polo shirts, but his mom made him wear a tie for picture day. All day long we were making fun of him and laughing but we were just messing around and he knew that. For the first two hours of school, we moved around a lot to various rooms where different people talked to us about a variety of school topics. Our next stop was the auditorium, where a man talked to us and he was very funny so we knew we were in for a treat. After that, we went to our A day classes but on a shortened schedule. I met my teachers and classmates for the A day. I liked all my teachers so far and I think I am going to like this school a lot.  My peers are very kind-hearted and funny people and I look forward to being in their classes for the next four years. There were two things that I didn't like out of today; the very short lunch time which was only 15 minutes to eat due to the shortened schedule. The second thing was that it the day seemed to move very slowly and it felt like forever until the final bell rang. Overall, it was a good day, as I enjoyed being in my classes and I look forward to coming back on Wednesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment